Friday, August 9, 2013

Black Berry Cobbler Anyone?

black berry cobler

We’ve been in the USA on furlough, thus the 2 month break from blogging.   While at my parents home my sister, Darla, posted on Facebook that she had put up some Black Berries.   I commented on her post that I’d like a Black-Berry Cobbler – since we don’t get those in Papua.   She obliged and made a wonderful black-berry cobber.   But as I type this I’m salivating for yet another but I’ll have to settle for a Mango smoothie since I’m back in Papua now.   As the story of the Black-berry cobbler was shared with me I became amazed.

 

IMG_1214

My nephew, David has worked hard to make a difference for his missionary uncle – Me!   This spring I noticed that Facebook had a post for $5 blackberry plants.   Then I learned that he was inspiring his siblings and Sabbath School class and together they collected over $515 to help missions in a little village you’ve heard me mention before – Ndugu-Ndugu.   They heard me mention that there are very few School supplies in the jungle school there.   When the General Conference informed me that a donation had come for school supplies for Ndugu-Ndugu I had to smile and think of all the black-berry cobblers that some will enjoy in the future because they bought torn-less black-berry bushes from my nephew.   And I had to smile as I thought of all the children who will smile when I am able to deliver school supplies in their village this coming October when I’ll fly to see them all because of some black-berry bushes sold for missions.  The blessings are many when we give.   Thanks David for working so hard to bless the children in the jungle school of Ndugu-Ndugu.

IMG_1259

IMG_1228

No comments:

Post a Comment